It’s not a very novel concept – making your own ground meat. But if you are like me and you don’t want to buy the supermarket ground chicken with its ‘all-parts’ included as well as the high ‘fat’ content then this super super simple recipe is for you.
- Use any type of chicken meat you like. I used dark chicken meat.
- Freeze the chicken halfway through (or unfreeze halfway)
- Cut up into small bite size pieces and add to the food processor.
- Blend until you reach the consistency you like. (It should look like ground meat…duh?)
Tip: I like to throw in my ground chicken hamburger spices in the processor and have the machine do all the work for me. Mwuahaha.
So now you know how to make ground chicken meat, but now what? It’s time to put all that practical knowledge you gained into practice. Here I have formulated the perfectly balanced Cumin Chicken Burger you have ever tasted. Honestly, I don’t know what it is about cumin that makes me go GA-GA, I just love it. So I made this recipe and my boyfriend loves it, I love it and you will love it too!
A well balanced homemade chicken burger made with homemade ground meat, cumin and onion!
- 2 half-thawed chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 slice of bread (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- oil for cooking
- If you used the previous step (of making your own ground chicken meat skip to step 3)
- Dice your onions and garlic and add to your ground meat.
- Now beat your egg in a separate bowl and add in.
- Tear off small pieces from your slice of bread and incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Add the spices. And use a spoon or your hands to mix everything together.
- Form into patty like shapes.
- Heat a skillet on med.high and cook each side of the patty for 4 minutes.
- Now you are finished! Garnish with pickles, aioli, lettuce or whatever else you like!